Wylie has been working in radio since she was 18 years old. Wylie began working her way through Georgia but eventually found herself back home in Tennessee. Wylie’s whole family is from the Upper Cumberland area: Livingston, Cookeville and Buffalo Valley. She is mom to two children, her son Sam just turned 15 and her daugther Shelby is 11. Wylie loves her life, living her dream and making a living playing the most country for your workday on 106-9 Kicks Country. Tune in and let 106-9 Kicks Country and Wylie Rose help you get through your day with the most country, every week day from 10 am to 2 pm.
Here’s more about Wylie
1. What’s in your CD player or on your personal playlist right now? Eric Church, Chief……. but my ipod has multiple personality disorder. It’s got everything from disco to classic rock, to punk music to country.
2. What’s your favorite movie? Finding Nemo. Probably because my kids made me watch it a thousand times.
3. What do you watch on T.V.? “Say Yes To The Dress” on TLC! I have no desire to ever be in another wedding dress but the drama on that show is addictive. I also record Frasier and watch it on Tivo.
4. Where are you most likely to be spotted around Cookeville? Sam’s Club. I’m an admitted wholesale club shopaholic.
5. What are your top three favorite foods? Cheese Pizza, black bean burgers and tomato sandwiches. I’m a vegetarian.
6. You’re going to the movies. What are you getting at the concession stand? Popcorn in my refill bucket, no butter and a Slurpee. I’ve got bottled water and Hershey miniatures in my purse.
7. Do you have pets? I have two dogs, a Daschund named Walker and a Jack Russell named Petey.
8. What made you want to work in radio? Dr. Johnny Fever on WKRP in Cincinnati.
9. What was your first job? Wendy’s. I worked there for about two weeks!
10. Can you picture yourself with a different career, if so – what? Yes! I wrote a book about my son and our journey with his high functioning autism. I am an advocate and a motivation speaker to parents of children with autism.